Amazon quietly added a new speaker to their collection last month, the Echo Show 5, a smaller version of the Echo Show. Not only is the screen smaller and the device more compact at 5.5 inches, but it’s also more affordable, giving users the choice of the full Show experience at a lower cost.
What can you do with the Echo Show 5?
- You can use its Alexa feature to control other smart home devices
- You can use it to listen to your favourite music
- You can watch your favourite TV shows
- And you can even make video calls using its 1MP camera
The device’s 1MP camera is quite a step down from the Show’s 5MP camera, but this one does have the benefit of a physical camera cover that hides the lens when it isn’t in use.
What are the technical specs?
- A 5.5 inch display with a resolution of 960 x 480
- A 4W speaker
- Two microphones
- Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- 1MP camera with camera cover
- Available in two colours: Charcoal and Sandstone
One of the most popular features is its lower price at just £79 and it’s available to pre-order now, with an official release date of June 26th.
New Alexa updates also announced
Amazon also announced a new privacy-focused feature that will allow users to delete old voice commands. You will be able to delete any voice command that you’ve said to any of your Alexa speakers, and you can delete your entire voice history too.
Simply log onto Amazon’s website or, if you want to delete commands on the same day you said them, simply say to your speaker “Alexa, delete everything I said today” or “Alexa, delete what I just said” and she will.
A useful tip when using the new Amazon Echo 5!