Microsoft Edge is a popular web-browsing programme that is a fast and secure way to get things done on the web. With built-in grammar tools, reading rulers and clutter-free printing, it can boast more than a million downloads since its release.
This week Microsoft have released a Beta update to Microsoft Edge, one that is supported by all versions of Windows and MacOS.
They say that their goal with this latest release is better web compatibility with better performance, while also ensuring less fragmentation of the web for all web developers.
What’s new in this week’s Beta release?
There are many new ways to personalise the Microsoft Edge experience, so that you can work in a way that best suits you.
- New tab page customisation means users have the ability to choose what they want to see when opening a new web page, selecting either a Focused, Inspirational or Informational layout.
- Users can also set a dark theme if they wish or visit the Microsoft Edge Insider Addonsstore to add their favourite extensions.
- Users can enable tracking prevention if they wish too, a feature designed to protect them from being tracked by websites they don’t visit.
- With more privacy options, users can now choose between Basic, Balanced and Strict privacy settings.
- There’s also support for 14 languages.
New business-focused features:
This Beta also includes the following commercial features that were announced at Build conference earlier this year.
- Microsoft Search is now built-in to Bing, reducing time spent looking for things at work by connecting an organisation’s people, documents, sites, locations and conversations.
- Internet Explorer mode streamlines today’s viewing of the web by bringing Internet Explorer 11 compatibility directly into Microsoft Edge. This is an importantfeature for more than 60% of worldwide organisations that currently use both IE as well as another browser.
- Windows Defender Application Guard helps to isolate enterprise-defined untrusted sites, protecting the company while employees browse the Internet.
To try the new Beta version yourself, download the latest version here – https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/microsoft-edge.
SCS Technology Solutions are proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner, and we are here to support your businesses IT needs. Please give us a call on 01522 883636 and we’ll do all we can to assist you.